Welcome to my food blog! This isn't going to be like all the other food blogs that are out there, at least I'm not planning on that yet. I mainly just want to add my recipes to a site so I can have them all together, but also to share with you. I may have some recipes from you, and if I do I will certainly label it as from you. Since it's my blog if I make any changes to it, then I will leave a comment about it below at what I did but then the reader can decide if they want to do the original or mine. The only thing that is the same about these great recipes are that they are all Tried & True Just For You! Enjoy!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

*THIS & THAT*

Fried Chicken Seasoning
2 c. flour
2 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. pepper
4 Tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. celery seed
1 Tbsp. ginger

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blackberry Syrup
4 c. blackberry juice
4 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. powdered pectin

Mix together, bring to a boil. Boil rapidly for 2 minutes. Skim off foam. Pour into hot, sterile jars or bottles. Process for 10 minutes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buttermilk Syrup
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter (not margarine)
1/2 c. buttermilk

Bring to a boil, remove from heat. Add 1/2 tsp. baking soda. Mix well.

*Make sure you use a larger pan. First time I did this, I used a small pan because not a lot of ingredients, and when I added the baking soda... it exploded everywhere. =)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hummingbird Nectar
1/4 c. sugar to 1 c. water. Boil. Add some red food coloring. Let cool before adding to feeder. Store leftovers in fridge until ready to use. *My kids love doing this.*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Salsa

25 tomatoes, peeled, chopped, whatever
3 cloves garlic
4 onions, chopped
4 yellow peppers, seeded & chopped
5 green peppers, seeded & chopped
jalepenos to taste, seeded & chopped

Combine all together and let boil 10 minutes. Add:
1/4 c. salt
1/2 c. vinegar

Boil 20 minutes. Put in bottles, and boil for 15 minutes.

**Recipe by Suzanne. I have used this forever and ever (since moving here in 2005). Of course, this what I do: I wash the tomato skins good, remove all bad spots, chop up, remove most of the seeds, in food processor and put in pot. I do not put tomatoes in boiling water then cool water to remove skins. I tired... I am all about easy salsa! We take all seeds out of peppers. Maybe not all with the jalepenos since Shawn likes it a bit warm, but not way warm. We chop all in the food processor. I do have a big canning pot that I get the water started in. As soon as I get the bottles/jars ready (follow the basic instructions on how to get the jars ready) I put in pot and let process for 15 minutes. ALSO: this was the first time that I added some corn starch to thicken up the salsa. Even though Shawn loves this salsa, he wanted it a bit thicker. I decided what harm could corn starch do? So I added 3 big heaping TBSP to the double recipe that I did, and after the jars were done and cooled, the salsa did look a bit thicker.**

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Trash
In a large bowl, add the following and mix well:
1 bag of candy corns (I used the Autumn Mix minus the pumpkins when I get them 1/2 price after Halloween)
1 box of chocolate Teddy Grahams
1 box Rice Chex
1 bag slivered almonds
1/2 bag of mini pretzel twists
Melt in saucepan, a large package of Almond Bark. It will burn, so make sure you follow directions on how to melt (mistake that I made last year). Once melted, quickly pour over mixture and mix well. If you add any more stuff, you may need to melt more Almond Bark. Some people like lots of Almond Bark, and if you do, then add less of the above ingredients.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alfredo Sauce
In saucepan, add 3 Tbsp. butter, 3 Tbsp flour. Mix well with whisk over low heat. Add 2 c. milk, 3/4 c. parmesan cheese, 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, 1/2 tsp. garlic salt & salt, pepper to taste. Whisk well. Great as the sauce for chicken alfredo pizza!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce
2 (1 oz each) squares semi-sweet chocolate
2 heaping TBSP. creamy peanut butter
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Melt chocolate & peanut butter over low heat. All rest. Mix well. Stir until very warm. Serve over ice cream, cake or as fruit dipping sauce.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Caramel Corn
Melt 1 stick of butter in a large saucepan on low heat, do not burn butter. Add 2/3 c. brown sugar, and mix well. Add 13 large marshmallows and melt over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over:

*Pop 1/2 c. popcorn seeds in air-popper. Remove all unpopped seeds if you want. Pour caramel over the popcorn in a large bowl, mix well. Eat immediately.

OR

*Pop 2 bags of butter microwave popcorn. Pour caramel over the popcorn in a large bowl, mix well. Eat immediately.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment