Welcome to my food blog! This isn't going to be like all the other food blogs that are out there, at least I'm not planning on that yet. I mainly just want to add my recipes to a site so I can have them all together, but also to share with you. I may have some recipes from you, and if I do I will certainly label it as from you. Since it's my blog if I make any changes to it, then I will leave a comment about it below at what I did but then the reader can decide if they want to do the original or mine. The only thing that is the same about these great recipes are that they are all Tried & True Just For You! Enjoy!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

*COOKIES/BAR COOKIES*

Peanut Butter Cookies
  • Cream 1 c. butter shortening with 2 c. brown sugar.
  • Add 1 c. peanut butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 eggs; mix well.
  • Add 2 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. salt & 3 c. flour, 1 cup at a time.
  • Bake 350 for 10 minutes.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
2 1/2 c. flour (may need to add a bit more)
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 c. oats
2 c. coconut

Cream butter & eggs. Add sugars and vanilla. Add rest. Mix well. Bake 350 for 10 minutes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 c. sugar
2/3 c. butter
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 1/4 c. flour (I also add 1/8 c.-1/4 c. extra sometimes)
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients together and beat into creamed mixture, combining thoroughly. Shape dough into a ball; wrap and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight until easy to handle.
Grease cookie sheets lightly. On lightly flowered board/counter, roll part of dough, keeping the rest refrigerated. For crisp cookies- roll paper thin. For soft cookies, roll 1/8-1/4" thick. Cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 400 for about 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Makes 6 dozen cookies. Frost or sprinkle with colored sugar before baking.
*My note on 4/12/06: Lower temp to 375, 8 minutes; 1 cookie sheet at a time. (can't remember why now, but I am guessing they were burning on 400?) From a friend, Corinna Bingham, in the Bryan 1st Ward.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Homemade Oreo Cookies
1 box devil's food cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil
vanilla or cream cheese frosting
Combine first 3 ingredients. Roll into small balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 350* for 8 minutes (do not over baked). Cook on rack. Cover one side of cookie with frosting and top with second cookie. Cover with plastic wrap to stay soft.

*Mint Chocolate Cookies*
Make and bake recipe above. While baking, unwrap Andes mints, and cut in half. After removing cookies from oven, place 1/2 mint on each cookie. Let sit for 1 minute. Spread melted mint around on top of cookie with knife. Let cool.

**When I use the Pampered Chef medium scoop to scoop out the dough, it makes them bigger. I have found that I have to bake them longer, like 13-15 minutes. When using Betty Crocker cake mix, it makes them kinda like a "squaty" cookie, so a 1/2 Andes mint is good. When using Duncan Hines cake mix, it flattens out, so a whole Andes mint is better. I also add some mini chocolate chips when making the mint chocolate cookies.**

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Peanut Butter Swirl Bars
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/3 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
6 oz. chocolate chips

Mix first 4 ingredients together well. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and baking powder. Spread mixture in a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips on top. Bake 3 minutes at 350. Take out and marbleize. Return to oven for another 18-20 minutes.

*This is from my friend Gayle Smith from Bryan 1st Ward. She is from Kelsey/Gilmer, Texas.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

1 comment: