Welcome to my food blog! This isn't going to be like all the other food blogs that are out there, at least I'm not planning on that yet. I mainly just want to add my recipes to a site so I can have them all together, but also to share with you. I may have some recipes from you, and if I do I will certainly label it as from you. Since it's my blog if I make any changes to it, then I will leave a comment about it below at what I did but then the reader can decide if they want to do the original or mine. The only thing that is the same about these great recipes are that they are all Tried & True Just For You! Enjoy!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

*SALADS*

Uchtdorf Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Equal portions of fresh spinach, romaine & spring mix
Fresh mushrooms
Craisins (can use strawberries in season, mandarin oranges etc.)
Purple onion sliced thinly (don't use too much)
1 lb. cooked bacon, crumbled, saving 2 T. drippings for dressing
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/3 cup sugar glazed coarsely chopped almonds (almonds are best, but can use chopped pecans in a pinch)

[How to Glaze Almonds: 3 heaping Tablespoons sugar in heavy non-stick skillet. Add 1/3 c. coarsely chopped almonds. Cook until sugar is melted, stirring constantly. Dump on pan sprayed with Pam to cool. Break into small pieces.]

Mix all together. Add dressing:

Poppy Seed Dressing
1 c. sugar (VIP: before adding the oil, make sure sugar is dissolved)
2 t. dried mustard
2 t. Kosher or Sea Salt
2/3 c. red wine vinegar
3 T. onion juice (cut onion in half and grate on grater)

Blend all above in blender, making sure sugar is dissolved.

Add to blender mixture while blending 1 1/2 cups canola oil (needs to be a light oil, not olive oil), 2 T. bacon fat from drippings, blend well. Once done, pour into container and add 3 t. poppy seeds. Pour on salad.

*This is from my friend, Debbie Hanson: This is a recipe from my daughter's mother-in law. She prepared this salad for a stake conference in which Pres. Uchtdorf was speaking. He liked it so much he came to the kitchen to ask for the recipe, hence the name change to Uchtdorf Salad.* *Pres. Uchtdorf is a General Authority and 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cold Cherry Salad
1 can cherry pie filling
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
1 1/2 c. coconut
8 oz. Extra-Creamy Cool-Whip
1 c. chopped pecans

Mix all together until well-blended. Pour into a nice bowl, and refrigerate until ready to serve.

*My mother-in-law's, Barbara Miller, recipe. She makes this often, and we all love it! Could be more like a dessert.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment