Welcome to my food blog! This isn't going to be like all the other food blogs that are out there, at least I'm not planning on that yet. I mainly just want to add my recipes to a site so I can have them all together, but also to share with you. I may have some recipes from you, and if I do I will certainly label it as from you. Since it's my blog if I make any changes to it, then I will leave a comment about it below at what I did but then the reader can decide if they want to do the original or mine. The only thing that is the same about these great recipes are that they are all Tried & True Just For You! Enjoy!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

*APPETIZERS*

Pineapple Cheese Ball
2- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 1/2 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
1 c. chopped pecans
2 Tbsp. chopped onions
1 Tbsp. Lawry's Seasoning Salt

Mix all together. Form into a ball and roll into some more chopped pecans, may need another cup or 2. Wrap in plastic. Chill overnight. Serve with crackers, or use as a finger sandwich spread.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chicken Enchilada Dip
3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped up fine
1 1/3 c. cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. oregano
cayenne pepper to taste
1 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. paprika
hot pepper sauce to taste
4 green onions, chopped

In a large mixing bowl, mix cheeses until creamy and blended. Add garlic, spices and pepper sauce; mix well. Add chicken, cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes. Glently fold together. Refrigerate overnight for full flavor. Makes about 6 cups. Serve with tortilla chips.

*My friend, Jileen, submited this recipe for our church cookbook. First time I had it was at a New Years party, and it was to die for! I think I ate the whole bowl of it! Then I submitted a lot of recipes to that World Wide Ward Cookbook, and this was one of the ones chosen to be in it.*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment