Welcome to my food blog! This isn't going to be like all the other food blogs that are out there, at least I'm not planning on that yet. I mainly just want to add my recipes to a site so I can have them all together, but also to share with you. I may have some recipes from you, and if I do I will certainly label it as from you. Since it's my blog if I make any changes to it, then I will leave a comment about it below at what I did but then the reader can decide if they want to do the original or mine. The only thing that is the same about these great recipes are that they are all Tried & True Just For You! Enjoy!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

*SANDWICHES/WRAPS*

Taco Wraps
In bowl, combine and mixed well, 8 oz. cream cheese, 8 oz. sour cream, 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix. Spread some on Sun-Dried Tomato Wrap/tortilla, maybe 3/4 of it because of the rolling later. On spread add some guacamole (opt), shredded sharp cheddar, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, deli-thin sliced ham and/or turkey. Roll tightly. Tightly wrap plastic-wrap around it, and put in fridge (at least 4 hrs or all night, which is better). Either can cut in half to use as a meal, or slice a lot to look like pinwheels to serve at party.

*My friend, Lisa McCormack, made these for a youth thing that I had to take the kids too, and hello! I ate like ALMOST all of them!! LOL!*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Beef & Cheese Sandwiches
1 big rump or chuck roast, thawed
3 c. water or beef broth
1 tsp each: salt, pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt,parsley, garlic powder
1 bay leaf
1 pkg Zesty Italian dressing

Cook high in crockpot for 4-5 hrs. Add meat to a sandwich roll, topped with sauted peppers & onions (mushrooms, opt.) and 1-2 slices of provolone cheese.

*Soooooooo good! I got this from my sister-in-law, Val.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cranberry-Cream Cheese Spread
Softened 1 cream cheese in bowl. Add 1/2 can of whole berry cranberry sauce. Mix together. May need to add a little more cranberry sauce, but not to much where it's runny/thin.

On a large croissant, cut almost in half, spread the spread on both sides. Add some deli-thin turkey slices, green-leaf lettuce leaf, sliced tomato (or instead of lettuce, add some sprouts). Cut sandwich in half.

On a small croissant, cut almost in half, spread the spread on both sides. Only add some deli-thin turkey and small lettuce leaf. Perfect for parties, coffees, brunches, kids lunches.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brigham House Chicken Salad
4 chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
1 large orange, peeled & cut into chunks
2 small apples (red & green), cut into chunks.
1 small can pineapple tidbits, drained
2 celery stalks, sliced small
grapes (red or green) seedless, sliced in half
1/2 jar or about 2 c. Hellman's Real Mayonnaise
lettuce leafs
croissants
salted peanuts (opt)

Combine apples, pineapple & orange; mix together so the apples won't turn brown. Add celery, grapes & chicken. Gently fold in the mayo so fruit stays nice. If using peanuts, mix in before serving, or you can serve them on side. Arrange on lettuce leaf and serve on croissant.

*The name tells ya where it came from, but Suzanne introduced this to me. YUM!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment